Charnwood W730 Bandsaw, great value for money with 230mm height under the guides.
FITTED WITH A BRITISH MADE BLADE.
14″ Woodworking Bandsaw. (See video at bottom of the page).
- Powerful 1.5hp Induction Motor
- Quick Release Blade Tensioning
- Handle to Accurately Set Table Angle
- Large Precision Ground Cast Iron Table
- Heavy Duty Bandsaw Blade Bearing Guides
- Quick Action Lock On Rip Fence
- Crosscut Mitre Fence Included
- Cabinet Floorstand Included
- Supplied with High Quality British Made Blade
- Primarily Used For Woodworking
The latest addition to the Charnwood woodworking bandsaw range has a 14” wide capacity with a 9” cutting depth. The large cast iron tilting table is precision ground for a truly flat surface. The table angle can be accurately set using a rack & pinion system with a stop to ensure the table returns to the 90 degree position. The steel frame ensures the rigidity required for high blade tension and accurate ripping. The bandsaw blade is kept true and straight by a set of 3 large bearing guides mounted to the blade guard and another set of 3 further bearing guides mounted below the table. In our opinion the best method for controlling the blade is to have the side bearings running against the side of the blade, and the rear thrust bearing running against the back edge of the blade. This configuration is very simple for the operator to set up and adjust when working with different sized bandsaw blades.
The rise & fall of the blade guard can be adjusted and locked in position with one hand. ensuring the blade guide is set just above the timber is essential for safety reasons and to give the best control over the blade resulting in a true and straight cut.
A simple adjustment of the drive belt lowers the blade speed for anyone wishing to cut metals, plastics and very hard woods.
Supplied with cabinet floor stand, rip fence, a cast metal sliding mitre guide with fence adjustable 45 degrees each way, 1/2″ high quality British made bandsaw blade, NVR switch, 100mm diameter extraction outlet, 2.0m power cable and UK 3 pin plug.
- Finished off with a powder coated paint job to ensure this bandsaw will look good for many years.
- This Bandsaw is fitted with a High Quality, British manufactured blade with precision ground teeth for incredible cutting results.
Maximun cutting depth 230mm (9”) Throat width 340mm (14”) Max. cutting width with fence 210mm Left / 220mm right Table size 550mm x 400mm Table height 1000mm Table tilt 90-45 degrees Mitre Guide T-Slot (x2) 9mm / 14mm Cutting speeds 370m/min & 800m/min Motor (induction) 1100w (1.5hp) Blade length 2560mm Blade widths 6-19mm (1/4″ – 3/4″) Dimensions (WxDxH) 830mm x 640mm x 1750mm Weight 92kg Assembly Time Required 60 Minutes (Needs 2 People) Rating Light Trade Product Guarantee 5 Years
The primary use of this bandsaw is for woodworking and the blade supplied is suitable for cutting both hard and soft woods. It is possible to use this bandsaw for cutting metal but only with the correct blade fitted. (not supplied)
The optional wheel base provides a perfect companion allowing the bandsaw to be easily moved around the workshop by just one person. Ideal for ripping down that extra long plank.
- Extra carriage charges may apply to Scottish Highlands & Islands, please enquire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VIEW THE VIDEO.